I had a great weekend celebrating turning another year older- time is flying! Doug joined me for a Barre 3 workout, we enjoyed brunch, did some boutique shopping and finished the night with a delicious dinner and cocktails at local spots. I had been trying to get him to join me for a Barre 3 class, so he promised he’d come on my birthday. He survived the class and actually really liked it. We enjoyed more recipes from Plenty this past week- as you may have noticed- we love the cookbook. Doug even tried making one- which turned out very well!
- Mushroom Lasagna (Plenty)– An interesting take on the classic. If you are a mushroom lover (we are), you should probably try this dish. I was amazed by the number of cheeses in it! This is somewhat indulgent- just stick to an appropriate portion and pair with a green salad.
- Repeat Mushroom Lasagna- This was one of those dishes that got even better as it sat.
- Abundance Bowls with Almond Butter Lemon Dressing (Love and Zest)– This is a repeat feature because we love these so much. The dressing is so good. I use one clove of garlic instead of the tablespoon (so that I could bring it for lunch and not scare away my patients afterwards).
- Repeat Abundance Bowls- We just store all the prepared ingredients in containers and assemble for each portion.
- Eggplant with Buttermilk Sauce (Plenty)– The second Plenty feature of the week. The dish had caught our attention as it is actually the cover photograph of the cookbook. Doug called me on my way home from work as he had started making this dish and was missing a couple ingredients. After two stops at different grocery stores, I could not find the exotic spices he needed. We improvised, and it was still delicious. After that, Doug promised to always read a recipe through before starting to make it 🙂