Happy Jazz Fest weekend everyone! This truly is my favorite festival in New Orleans. It also feels like summer has arrived in the city, which is wonderful. We’ve started eating outside on our deck, and I pulled out my shorts and sundresses. It always feels strange to being doing this in April/May, when I’m use to summer arriving in June (or sometimes late July) back home. It’s definitely something I will miss about this city if we do venture back home. The warm weather inspired two lighter meals this week, and on Sunday night, I got to try an eggplant parmesan recipe I’ve been meaning to make for months. I hope you enjoy a dish from this week!
- Eggplant Parmesan (Nancy Jo via Food 52)– I recently discovered Food 52, a great compilation of some of the best recipes. I highly recommend you check it out. This recipe was the Best Eggplant Recipe contest winner. This would be a great recipe for a dinner party with vegetarian guests.
- Fregolotta (Italian Jam Shortbread Tart) by Cindy Mushet via Food 52– Because it was Sunday night, I felt like making a last minute dessert. This recipe was perfect because I had every ingredient in my pantry or freezer. It was the easiest dessert I’ve made in a long time, and I had it in the oven in 15 minutes. I would definitely make it again.
- Leftover Eggplant Parmesan- I actually took this twice for lunch in addition to both of us eating it twice for dinner. Even better the next night.
- Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Cups with Sriracha Peanut Sauce (Veggie and the Beast)– Looking to get multiple servings of veggies in one meal? This dish is your answer, plus, it’s so tasty. Turning cauliflower into rice is another way the vegetable has become increasingly popular this year. To make the cauliflower rice, I cut the head of cauliflower into small florets and pulsed it in the food processor until it looked about the size of rice. A very healthy, low carb dish.
- Leftover Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Cups- Great cold too.
- Grilled Asian-Style Chicken (LG Original)– Our first night firing up the grill. This is hands down, my most frequently made chicken dish. We had it with a strawberry, spinach and avocado salad.