So, you may have noticed that I skipped a week of “What I Ate This Week.” The truth is, it was Mardi Gras, and you don’t want to know what I ate that week. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a vacation from healthy eating every so often, but I just don’t think my dietitian self could make the recommendation to subsist on chips, pizza, and king cake (plus some prosecco and other delicious beverages) for an entire week!
Mardi Gras was an absolute blast, as always. For those of you who have never experienced it, it really is more of a family affair then what we (outsiders) presume it to be. The highlight was definitely the “Mardi Couch” which was built by a friend of ours. This couch was on stilts, about 6 feet off the ground, which took our bead catching abilities to a whole new level.
Anyways, we tried to be a little healthier this past week to make up for all the treats the week prior. This week’s line-up includes one original recipe, one from my go-to, Skinnytaste, and one from a fellow Recipe Redux Member, Love and Zest.
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats (Skinnytaste)– These had a great flavor. I would not add any additional water, and would not blanch the zucchini in boiling water, as listed. I found the zucchini released a lot of water when done cooking in the oven. I purchased a rotisserie chicken to make these, which worked very nicely.
- Repeat Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats (Skinnytaste)
- Abundance Bowls with Almond Butter Lemon Dressing (Love and Zest)– These were so delicious and just what my body needed to feel “cleansed” after Mardi Gras. Once you put the time in to make these once, they are easy to throw together for lunches and dinners throughout the week. My only suggestion would be to use less garlic- I adore garlic, but I took this for lunch one day and I don’t think my co-workers liked my breath for the rest of the day!
- Repeat Abundance Bowls (Love and Zest)
- 30 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup (LG Original)- Quick, easy, healthy. Just the recipe I needed at the end of the week!