Back at work now for a couple weeks, it feels like we have finally gotten into our routine. This week’s menu features one of my favorite recipes which is definitely an indulgence, Wild Mushroom Tart by Whole Foods Market. I balanced it out with a few healthier recipes, one being my own, Salmon Burgers, and two from fellow bloggers. As promised, I wanted to share my salmon burger recipe with you as it definitely aligns with my theme this past week- eating healthy on a budget- enjoy!
- Mushroom Tart (Whole Foods Market)– This can be a delicious meal when paired with a salad. I have also served it in smaller slices as an appetizer- it is loaded with a rich, earthy flavor. If you’re a mushroom lover, add this to the top of your “To Try” list. I rarely buy creme fraiche (because I use a bit and then it goes to waste AND it’s expensive). Instead, I thin out some sour cream with a little bit of half and half.
- Green Salad
- Leftover Mushroom Tart- I doubled the recipe and made two tarts. One could serve two for two dinners, but we like to eat it for lunch as well.
- Green Salad
- Salmon Burgers with Spicy Avocado Topping (LG Original)– These are easy, so good for you, inexpensive to make, and so tasty. Need I say more?
- Tangled Thai Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing (The Canadian Gift Guide)– I am loving any opportunity to try out my new spiralizer. I came across this recipe and was lured in by the peanut lime dressing. It was delicious. The jicama available in our stores was sad looking and I didn’t add the salad topper, I just garnished with roasted peanuts. I think you could put this dressing on just about anything and it would taste good. Add a little shredded chicken for some extra protein.
- Migas (Nutritious Eats)– Who said you can’t have breakfast for dinner? Unlike traditional breakfasts, this recipe includes all food groups you would typically eat at dinner, so it’s nicely balanced. I had a few corn tortillas in the freezer that would likely fall apart if I tried to use them the next time I made Fish Tacos– this recipe was a great way to use them. This Tex-Mex recipe was full of flavor (and veggies). Thanks Nutritious Eats!